Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Intermission June 5th - June 12th 2009


Sorry for the delay in the last few posts, it took a bit of time to collect myself and settle in to Denver. Just so folks know, I'm on a break until we head out to Glenwood Springs this Friday evening to prepare for a road race on Saturday morning. Then, Sunday morning we'll have a criterium and then hit the road for 80 miles on the first leg of Ride the Rockies 2009 (http://www.ridetherockies.com/). Let's hope for no wrecks in the races as I don't think I can patch my frame like I've done for my tubes.




I attended the wedding of McManus-Jennings on June 6th and the weather was beautiful. The next day there was hail and Stephanie and I watched a tornado pass near the newlywed's house. Afternoon tornadoes seem to be the norm in Colorado right now, I will be glad to get to the mountains soon on a supported ride without the rain.




I have not been on a bike since a 30 mile recovery ride on Friday to get accustomed to an unloaded bike. The chain and cassette is fine, they just needed readjustment. On the body check: I suffered a couple of days before purchasing some Immodium and it cleared me right up. My left knee was sore to the touch for a couple days and it wasn't until today that I could walk down a set of stairs without feeling it. My legs also burned after climbing the same set of stairs for a couple days as well. All in all, it took me about 5 days to get to "normal", tomorrow I plan to get on the bike for the first time since Friday tomorrow for some fine tuning and some practice in the corners since all I've done is time trial for 80% of the 1,500 miles.


Well, I drop my lovely wife off at the airport tomorrow, pack up and restock for RTR on Thursday, then off to the tour on Friday. Look for posts by the latest on Sunday to recap the races and first leg of RTR 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - nothing like throwing in a race in the middle of a cross-country journey! Sounds like you're way over due for some well deserved down-time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it will inspire folks to do something out of their comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was curious how you will be dropping Stephanie off at the airport. Did you get pegs for your bike, or will she be riding on your handlebars?

    ReplyDelete