Thursday, June 11, 2009

Spoke too soon on the body...

I wasn't able to get on the bike today - the tornadoes kept me at bay. I dropped my wife off at the airport at 3pm and I headed to REI for last minute items for RTR. We all went to the Gordon Biersch for dinner and I had the grilled ahi tuna and salad with a couple slices of Jennifer's pizza. Washed it down with a couple beers.

I woke up at 3 this morning with sharp stomach pains similar to what I had last week, uh oh... here we go again. Except the result was vomiting a couple times. WebMD wasn't much help, although I think my self diagnosis is obvious: Overeating, overexercise, NSAIDs, drinking alcohol, and the occasional raw fish = disaster.

Now I'm sitting here with an empty burning stomach waiting for the Walgreens to open...

2 comments:

  1. James, if you want a great wholesome breakfast, and a local fave of mine, head over to Watercourse Foods just the east side of downtown Denver. They open at 8am. There's no meat, but awesome organic, locally grown foods. Eggs are great! Also, if youre up for a great bagel place, MOE's bagel, lookem up.

    Itll be a different kind of racing out there you know?! Have fun and definitely enjoy your time. You may be suffering from some altitude adjustments as far as your belly goes. Some people get gassy and things that normally dont upset the stomach, can make it a bit sensitive. My suggestion...enviromental service announcements are great!!

    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it - I was looking for vegetarian yesterday and saw that place, I elected to head to Sunflower in Boulder, which wasn't really vegetarian. I'm desperate for good vegetarian!!! Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete